Crohn's and Colitis Travel Kit
A complete kit for traveling with Crohn's Disease
Everybody needs a vacation, but if you have Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis (IBD), a holiday can be a reminder that you can’t ever get away from Crohn’s. Like it or not, you and your Crohn’s are travel companions. Fortunately, there are ways for you two to get along. Making sure you are prepared will help alleviate guesswork and stress
People with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) are exposed to two main risks during travel:
• Relapse (flare) of IBD due to gastrointestinal infections acquired during travel, change in dietary habits, forgetting to take your medication or unavailability of IBD medication.
• Acquiring infectious diseases common to developing countries, which may be more severe in IBD patients who are immunosuppressed.
The Lifeina complete Crohn's travel kit includes:
- LifeinaBox, the world's smallest fridge, for you to put your Humira or other Crohn's medication when in the hotel, car, or at home
- LifeinaBag12, an isothermal bag that keeps your medication between 2 and 8°C for 12 hours, for when you take the plane
- MedActiv's MediCube, an isothermal bag that keeps your medication between 2 and 8°C for 36 hours, for those long car trips
- MedActiv's Comfy Pad, a pad that you can either put in the microwave for 30 seconds and use to dilate the blood vessels where you inject or that you can freeze to put on the injection spot to dull eventual pain.
- A copy of Uwe Diegel's LAUGHING WITH CROHN’S complete guide to traveling with Crohn’s Disease, illustrated by Parisian artist Vianney Postic
Suitable for Humira or any other Crohn's medication
LOVE this. Honestly, really worth every penny, these bag are so useful for my everyday travels, and the fridge is so much more stable than my food fridge
When I first heard about LifeinaBox, I remember thinking “at last”… My mother has been bound to her house for the last few years because her medication for Crohn’s disease has to stay in the fridge. She is too scared to travel without her medication. I’m going to be the first one to support you because you are doing something fantastic. Do me a favor and make it as quickly as possible.