You have a question? Send it to us
1) Make sure the device is connected to the power
2) Flick the O/I switch under the device to the ON position
3) Press the button on the side of the device for 5 seconds to switch it off (this will turn off the logo in front of the device)
4) Leave it to charge for two hours
- Connect it to the power and fully charge the battery (see above)
- Switch on LifeinaBox by either:
1) Pressing the button on side of device once
2) Unplugging the device and plugging it back in
- Wait for LifeinaBox to reach a stable temperature (about 15 minutes)
- Place your medication inside
- To use the Lifeina application, simply download the app and turn it on within distance of your LifeinaBox
- If you are planning on using LifeinaBox at home, switch off the battery (under the device ) so that it lasts longer. But don’t forget to fully charge it before a trip
- If you want to use the battery mode, flick the O/I switch under the device to the “ON” position
LifeinaBox measures 20 cm wide, 10 cm high and 10 cm deep, and weighs about 1200 gm.
The environment where LifeinaBox is used has some influence on how much cooling it will do. Just like the refrigerator in your house, it will be less efficient when exposed to extreme conditions. However, LifeinaBox will always ensure that your medications is kept between the temperatures of 2 and 8 °C (35,6 to 46,4°F).
Actually, LifeinaBox is like any electrical device. If you throw it in the bath water with your husband inside, you will probably just short your electricity and burn a fuse, but it might (actually probably) be super dangerous (for your husband). So no, LifeinaBox is not waterproof and should be kept in a dry environment.
LifeinaBox uses a technology called the Peltier Effect (thermo-electric cooling). This was originally discovered by a French man with the wonderfully arcane name of Jean
So we get rid of the heat using
Yes, LifeinaBox is guaranteed. We make great products and devote a lot of attention to detail to make absolutely perfect products. According to the law, we must give a one-year warranty on LifeinaBox, but LifeinaBox will last much longer if you use it properly. It's obvious that if you crush it with your car, throw it in the bath while it's plugged in to kill your spouse or you're usually doing something completely stupid, we will not fix it. However, if there is a real problem, we will always be there to help you fix it.
LifeinaBox uses 4.5 amperes of 12V DC, just about the same as a single headlight. LifeinaBox should not drain or damage a fully charged battery when used while the engine is running. Each vehicle and each battery is unique. Ask your dealer or mechanic to check the quality of your battery before plugging in a device that may drain it.
Yes absolutely. LifeinaBox is delivered with a cable connector for the cigarette lighter of your car.
Even if it is possible to use LifeinaBox in an airplane, we generally think that it is easier for plane travel to use one of our isothermal bags (LifeinaBag12 or LifeinaBag 24, that will also keep your medication between 2 and 8°C). The bags are just easier to stick in your handbag than a portable fridge. We tend to use LifeinaBox more in a car, hotel, home than on a plane.
But if you want to take your LifeinaBox on a trip with you on the plane, there is really no problem at all to do this. However, you will need the LifeinaTravel bag to transport your fridge, and you might want to get an extra battery (LifeinaPower) as well.
We tested LifeinaBox up to an ambient temperature of 36 ° C. At this temperature, everything in LifeinaBox stays between 2 and 8 ° C. On the other hand, if you use LifeinaBox at this temperature, the batteries will not last as long. But anyway, most people do not stay permanently at a temperature of 36 ° C and have access to air conditioning, whether in a house or in the car.
We are a wonderfully
He also grows bonsai trees and speaks
Lily is originally from Taiwan and is a chef of note. Her cuisine is a fusion of Asian and Western influences.
Olaf prints guitars in 3D (www.oddguitars.com ) and is constantly designing cool new stuff.
When we created the Lifeina application we thought we were doing the right thing by creating a super complete application. But user feedback was that it was way too complicated, and we therefore completely redid it, as simple as possible, to give only two things, temperature and battery life.
The most complete application is the Web application, which you can use on any computer or mobile phone. Just open www.lifeina.org from Google Chrome. You can then control LifeinaBox directly from the site.
In Android : For Android, you can get the app on Google Play, but we strongly recommend that you just use the web app (as above), as it is much more complete.
In iOS (Apple) : Go to the App store, and simply look for the Lifeina app. It is available everywhere.
Inside the LifeinaBox packaging there is : :
- A magnificient little portable fridge measuring about 20 x 10 x 10 cm
- An ACDC adaptor 110/220V with 4 different plugs for the USA, China, Europe, Switzerland and the UK
- A cable to plug LifeinaBox in the cigarette lighter of your car
You might find that the logo in front of LifeinaBox is a bit bright, especially if you are in a hotel room. On the latest generation of LifeinaBox (2020) you can switch off the logo by simply double-clicking the O/I button on right of device.
An alarm will start to beep when the battery is down to a 20% charge. To turn off this alarm, simply click the O/I button on the right of the device. When the battery arrives to a 10% charge, the alarm will start again and it will not be possible to turn it off until you plug in the device.